California Pear Crumble
This easy pear crumble comes together in just minutes and makes a delicious dessert!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings : 8
- 5 cups sliced fresh California Bartlett pears (3 to 4 pears depending on size)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square (or 11- by 7-inch) baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Arrange the pears into an even layer in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice, then make the crumble topping.
- Stir the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger*, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and use your fingers to cut it into the mixture until it comes together and forms large crumbles.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the pears.
- Set the baking dish on a large rimmed baking sheet to catch any juices that might spill over and bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the pear juices are bubbling around the edges and the topping is light golden.
- Cool for 20 to 30 minutes to let the juices set up a little bit, then serve with Natrel Lactose Free vanilla ice cream.
Notes: Best to serve the day it’s made.
*If you don’t like ginger, you can substitute nutmeg, allspice, cloves, or additional cinnamon in the topping
Pear, Cheese and Nuts
- With a spoon, remove the center of the pear.
- Fill it with The Laughing Cow® cheese.
- Sprinkle with nuts.